Saturday, March 11, 2017

Miracle of Life!

Children are a blessing. I never understood this concept until I had kids. It was difficult to comprehend why I should want someone to be a part of my life when I did not even know them yet. How could you want something that does not exist, at least from your point of view? There is plenty of stress in this world, so why would you want to add one more challenge to your life? The questions remain, that is, until you follow God's Word in your life. He gave us instruction about many different topics for our own good. Sometimes you just have to have faith and blessings will follow.

So why are children a blessing? After all, your life was perfectly perfect before they came into your life. Well, slowly, living life with those little kids that you never even knew before, you start to realize that you would not want to go through life without them. They are created by God with such complexity and individuality that it is incredible. They have so much energy and a mind of their own. That is a miracle itself! Their personalities allow us to grow abundantly. Children expose our flaws, as they sometimes reciprocate our actions. They help us to see the value of building our character, and they teach us to be kind. Children give us purpose and show us the miracle of life.

Listening to the teaching of intellectuals, while I was in college, I learned that babies are predictable. Psychologists could tell you at what age they will respond to you in different ways. They could tell you what the child could and could not comprehend at every stage of development. They could tell you all the reflexes that allow the child to survive. They were thought to be much like a successful science experiment.

But none of my learning in college taught me about the uniqueness of each human life. I did not learn about the miracle of God's creation. I did not learn that babies are actually very responsive and relational. Instead, I learned that they are mere creatures of existence and are nothing to fuss about. However, reality is much different than the textbook.God is real, and He creates so much variety and complexity that we cannot even begin to sum it up in 300 pages.

Watching a baby, it is amazing to see the life within the child. My three-month-old smiles at me, talks to me, and enjoys the company of his family. At his young age, he operates much like an adult in the way he carries out his day. It may sound silly, but he enjoys eating, sleeping, exercising, talking, and family time. All is good in the world if he gets to enjoy conversation with his family.

It is a miracle and a blessing that God creates children. I hope you see this impressive work of our Creator and give Him the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment