Sunday, May 20, 2018

Reading Through the Bible in a Year: An Unfathomable Achievement

I write this blog because I just stated reading a new NIV Women's Bible that my husband purchased for me. I was curious how long it would take me to read it if I actually started on page 1 and read straight through the entire Bible. My attention span is not very long, so most books I actually read from the back and go forward. I know it's strange, but it tremendously enhances my confidence that I can finish the book because I already reached the end. (I had to change my strategy in editing my husband's new book series because it's fictional.)

Anyways, I took 1400 pages, which is the length of my new Bible, and divided it by 365 days. I realized that to finish the Bible start to finish in a year, I would only have to read 4 pages a day! And that's not even full pages. That's one side of a page!

I tell you this to encourage you that reading the Bible in a year is not some unfathomable achievement. It's something that anyone can do, anyone that can read. I know our mind is the biggest mountain that stands in the way of any achievement. So, I hope that you remember, it's just 4 pages a day (which may vary slightly) and you are on your way through the entire written copy of the Word of God.

Thanks for reading!

~Melissa Seng

No comments:

Post a Comment