Monday, June 26, 2017

A Brief Reflection from a Wife at Home

The other day something very fascinating occurred to me. I had a million goals for the day, a less than positive attitude, and a desire to just go outside and have some fun. I realized that the day before, I had somewhat neglected my duties as a wife, because it was so much more fun to just go outside. I knew that clutter and mess inside the home would just make me stressed out, so I realized that I needed to get to work. My mind was going back and forth, from telling me to go outside with the boys, to stay inside and clean up. I was so confused on what to do.

You know, on these beautiful summer days, it is normal to neglect some duties inside for the sake of running outdoors in the summer sun. Going on a walk, running laps around the house, going to the park, swimming, having a picnic, those are the good days. Kids need the fresh air and the excitement in order to feel like kids. Running around screaming and hollering is what they do best.

So how in the world do I know when to do the housework on these beautiful days? I know it sounds like a less than intelligent question to ask, as we can all figure that out on our own. But, I hope to share something with you that can help.

I realized my husband was at work. I knew if he was working, I should probably be working too. If he does not get a break, why should I? We work as a team. He does not have the pleasure of working from home yet, but either way, work is a part of our world. God gives us work.

The Scriptures tell us that God prepares good works for us to complete. The good works can be in the form of making money, growing crops, taking care of livestock, and taking care of our home and our children. Sometimes that work can be fun, and many times, if we have the right perspective, it can be rewarding, as well.

Rest is for the weary, but let's stay strong, be thankful for the opportunity to take care of our family, and wait for the proper time to celebrate together when the day's work is done.


No comments:

Post a Comment