Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Your Love Is Not Enough

In the spirit of the Easter season, we are reminded of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection. He came to save us from our sins because we could not save ourselves. He came to carry our burdens by carrying the cross for us. His life has given us hope for this life and in eternity.

As we think about Jesus' love for us, I want to share something that I have been thinking about for the entire season of Lent. As I watch my kids, I sit back and think of how I want the best that life can offer them. I want them to always be happy, healthy, and full of life. I want them to know that they are important, and to never get discouraged. I want them to be excited for the future, encouraged to pursue their dreams. I want them to work hard and never give up, to offer their time and energy to help other people, to have joy in their hearts because they are making a difference every day. I want the best for them, as God wants the best for us, as well. The Bible tells us that God wants to give us good gifts, and he wants all good things for those who love him.

Remarkably, God is the one who can do miracles. He is the one who can work all things together for the good of those who love him (Romans 8:28). I want to perform miracles for my children, but my strength and love is not enough. I have to rely on God's love, and put my trust in Him for the future. I pray that you do the same.

Yours Truly,
~Melissa Seng

No comments:

Post a Comment