Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Expect Great Things!

Have you ever been stuck in a rut? Have you ever felt that no matter how hard you tried, it seemed like you could never get your life on track? Have you ever been discouraged because the direction your life is heading and the direction you want it to go are two very different paths? Life is tough. Sometimes we can manipulate the variables and change our lifestyles, but we still cannot get the desired results, perhaps, with our health, relationships, or finances. From the time we wake up in the morning, to the minute we lay our head down to sleep, life remains a chore. It's exhausting. How in the world can all of this change?

Being a parent of two, I definitely have these thoughts from time to time. My four month old eats about seven times a day, and my three year old eats about that often, as well. Together that is about fourteen times a day that I am feeding one of my children! And that does not include my husband! Then, there are the dishes and laundry, and cleaning, all those chores you are familiar with. Of course, it only makes sense that our lives can sometimes feel like a chore.

Being me, who naturally analyzes everything, I realized some things needed to change. I wanted my daily routine to change, but I was waking up exhausted every morning. I could not figure out why. I knew that part of it was because I have not been drinking my happy drink in the morning, which is my XS (because I breastfeed my four month old), but I knew there was more to the story. I listened to John C. Maxwell and figured it out.

John C. Maxwell said something profound in one of his messages that I wanted to share with you all. He said it is not that he is so disciplined that makes him so successful, it is that he has positive anticipation. How awesome is that?! It is not that he is so crazy disciplined, but his anticipation drives his actions. Wow. What a great perspective!

When we have positive expectation, we are excited to get out of bed every morning to start the day. We anticipate good things to happen, and the results follow. What a relief it is when you expect to have a great day! The weight of your life, and the weight of all your responsibilities, seem so much lighter when you have positive expectation. Instead of just "keeping up with your house work," you do exceptional. You decorate! Instead of "getting in your workout," you have refreshing personal time to enjoy the fresh air and feel great. How much more would you get done with this kind of attitude? Positive expectations yield a positive life.

Have a great day!

Yours Truly,
~Melissa Seng

No comments:

Post a Comment