Sunday, February 11, 2018

Why I Write Blogs

Until recently, you were probably wondering why I write blogs. About a month ago, I added a short biography to my page on www.williamhseng.com. And, I will include some of it here.

I graduated from Liberty University with a Master's degree in Marriage and Family. I have taken courses in psychology and childhood development, as well as marriage, counseling, and family life.
My Bachelor's degree is in Health Science from the University of Findlay. I have taken courses and completed personal study in nutrition, exercise, anatomy, and physiology. Nutrition, exercise, and family life have been the topics of most interest to me. And, as I study the Bible and converse with my husband, who graduated with a Master's of Divinity from Winebrenner Theological Seminary, I enjoy sharing Biblical insight, as well.

As I read and learn information in these areas, I am amazed by the knowledge that can help in our daily lives. Even though we ultimately need God for every good thing, we can use tips for living in this complex world that God created. We may know, for instance, that we are to discipline our children; but how do we do that in love and in their best interest? We may know that we are to have joy. But, how can we overcome some obstacles that may be robbing us of that joy that we long for?

Our world, our physical bodies, and our relationships are so complicated. Sometimes we need all the help we can get.

In my twenties I had a lot of questions and not a lot of answers. I knew people excelled physically, mentally, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually. I knew people had strong families, were excellent parents, skilled cooks, and felt great physically, and I knew I had a lot of room to improve. So, I decided to search for ways to become better. And, I wanted to make that information readily available to the people who were in search for wisdom in these same areas.

In reading my blogs, I hope you find pieces of knowledge and insight that might be of help to you. As one of my favorite writer's says, you can take what you find helpful and leave the rest.

If you have any comments, questions, or topics you would like me to write about, feel free to send a message on the comments page at www.williamhseng.com. Also, if you would like to check out previous blogs that I have written, look along the right side of the page. Click on a specific year or month, and then, click on the specific blog title that you want to read. I hope you find it a great source for wisdom and encouragement!

Thanks for reading!

~Melissa Seng

No comments:

Post a Comment